Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Book Review - 2

Have been doing quite a bit of reading over the last few days. Thats practically the only thing to do when you are in a state of isolation. :) 7 books in the last 10 days, Not bad I think to myself. You see, I havnt been doing a lot of reading over the last year or so... so it is with a little guilt smeared in vengence and sprinked with the irritation of the isolation that I read. :)


Shiva Triliogy: Part-1 and Part-2. (Meluha and Nagas)
Reading speed: Fast
Language: Easy


Interesting plot, but the books tried too hard to fit mythology into history (read archeology). It just seemed like in some places, the mythology just didnt want to fit there! I found a particular scene at a temple involving a beggar interesting.


Buy/Buy if you have space on the shelf/Burn it : Burn it. But having said that, I might just read the Part-3 when it gets released, just to see how it goes/ends... just coz I read the other two. In the future, I am going to be cautious of IIT/IIM grads who dump their 'Investment banker' careers to become writers. Mass production, Marketing and Mass popularity are all fine, but doesnt necessarily make it good litterature (Mass production, meagre price, marketing, mass popularity, money...mmmm on one side and Litterature on the other...).  

No comments: